Monday, September 8, 2014

Journal Junkies September

This month's theme was unusual words but I chose to do the alternate topic, which was "Phases of the Moon".  I used a couple of pages I had put together previously, using a background make using acrylic paint, stencils and a gelli plate on the right hand side and a page torn from a book on the left.   I really liked the text on the book page and the way the designs came together on the painted page but I wasn't sure how to finish the pages back then.  When I heard the phases of the moon theme, I had a light bulb moment, knowing that theme was exactly what I needed to tie these two pages together.

I was able to leave the left hand side pretty much as it was
and simply add text to the right hand side, which reads, "There is more to learn about the mysteries of our universe than just the phases of the moon."

Tomorrow I'll share photos of the pages made by my fellow Journal Junkies from tonight's gathering at Bizzy B.

And speaking of phases of the moon, did you see that super moon rising in the sky tonight?!

No comments: